Monday, 14 November 2016

The Incessant Networking Chain Letter AKA Linkedin

The Incessant Networking Chain Letter AKA Linkedin 

LinkedIn is a part professional networking site, part social networking site and part job board.
Recent research has found that the profile picture is the most important element on LinkedIn pages!  Man alive!!!! I thought this was about building professional relationships rather than competition for eHarmony or PoF. 

You'll be glad to hear that I've created my very own rather short and vague profile  My Linkedin Profile (read it at your peril...... please ensure you're sitting comfortably) Good news is, I've uploaded a profile picture and so according to Forbes I'm either soon to secure a date or a new job opportunity... either way I'm a winner!

Joking aside, LinkedIn is the editors choice for employment related social networking, well that's the editors view, what do I think?  I think its the greatest tool for headhunters that ever existed.  We are doing all the leg work, creating the profile, keeping links and memberships up to date, sending endless networking e mails to known and unknown parties and all the recruiter or headhunter needs to do is type in a few key words to find their man for the job.  





You may gather from the tone of this Blog that I'm not its biggest fan, but accept that in certain circles its a necessary evil.

1 comment:

  1. Llinos. You've convinced me, by this blog. LinkedIn really IS the 'in' thing, for soliciting for employment. I'm certain this link to LinkedIn will generate several opportunities for you to pursue. Brilliant, as ever. Terence.

    ReplyDelete